Legal Copyright and Posting Takedown, etc. Policy
The purpose of social media sites is to present matters of public interest in the City of Watertown, including information regarding its many residents, businesses and visitors. We encourage you to submit comments, but please note that this is not a public forum. Once posted, the City reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation to delete submissions that are illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, invade privacy or which are lewd, contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial or religious group or which infringe upon the intellectual property of others. The City does not necessarily review posted content on a regular basis. Further, the City also reserves the right to delete comments that are (i) spam or include links to other sites; (ii) clearly off topic; (iii) advocate illegal activity; (iv) promote particular services, products or organizations; or (v) infringe on copyrights or trademarks. Please note that comments expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions and position of the City of Watertown or its employees, agents or representatives. The City of Watertown takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted on this site. The City of Watertown respects the intellectual property of others, if you believe your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement please follow the following procedures for notifying us of such a claim. Please provide the City Attorney the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying the City of Watertown that your copyrighted material has been infringed upon.
(1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
(3) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site and the date on which it was posted or any other identifying information;
(4) your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
(5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
(6) a statement by you made under penalty of perjury that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. This information shall be forwarded to the City Attorney 106 Jones Street, Watertown, Wisconsin 53094.